[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:14:46 UTC 2017

On 10.12.2017 11:51, Markus Seeber wrote:
> On 12/09/2017 02:32 PM, nils wrote:
>> Bottom line: It turned out the Windows way of shipping all or most
>> libs with the program is a really good way to compatibility.
> Just employ static linking when sensible.

> The current way of bundling shared libraries with the application ist just a dirty workaround
> for Problems that combines the worst parts of static and dynamic linking,
> introduces bloat and solves problems that are mostly caused by employing dynamic
> linking in the first place.

This is not related to Linux, but since someone already mentioned
Windows.. I have bad news for you.
See
https://forum.juce.com/t/important-breaking-change-juce-will-now-use-dynamic-linking-for-the-windows-runtime-by-default/25276

Basically, with the latest updates, you can only load a maximum of 64
statically built plugins in a Windows DAW.