[LAD] youtube blocks LAC 2017 May 18 AM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 22 09:22:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-21 20:50, Louigi Verona wrote:
> No, I mean there seems to be an owner of the content (an Institute) that is
> claiming copyright. But I am not sure how this works. YT will have specific
> phrases for specific block reasons.

i don't think so.
usually youtube does not act on specific claims by the copyright
holders, but rather proactively searches for potential copyright
violations (via "Content ID") and blocks the content until any issues
are sorted out.

i've had videos of 14 year old pianists playing beethoven being blocked,
because ContentID thought that that was actually a recording by Yehudi
Menuhin. (sometimes they *are* right though)

fgasmdr
IOhannes