[LAD] youtube blocks LAC 2017 May 18 AM

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon May 22 14:11:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Thomas Cipierre <thomas.cipierre at hotmail.fr
> wrote:

> Dear LAC2017,
>
> I’m part of the LAC2017 committee, and was nearly all the time involved in
> the IRC #LAC2017 freenode channel as tcUJM (except one chairing session).

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for taking excellent care of #IRC during the LAC, I'm sure it made
people remotely attending feel welcomed!

> For those who were there, I already replied that there was actually a real
> copyright problem, since Thierry indeed used copyrighted material during
> his talk. However, he has the right to do so, having all the documents
> needed on INA (standing for Institut National de l’Audiovisuel – which
> could be translated to Audiovisual National Institute) material, so we are
> currently solving this problem.
>
> Philippe, our LAC streaming technician is working onto this – but he needs
> some more time to edit videos, since he is needed on a lot of other
> projects in our university.
>
> We are sorry for the temporary side-effect on Harry’s brilliant talk.

No problem at all - I understand this may take some time to resolve.

> Thanks to all of you, I was thrilled being involved in this LAC and
> meeting several of you. I definitely look forward to seeing you again on
> forums, mailing lists and in future projects.

Unfortunately we didn't get talking - next LAC perhaps? :D

Cheers, -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com