[LAD] https for linuxaudio.org

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Wed Nov 22 09:23:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:01:07AM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> As a user of Arch and various music related apps, please, please,
> please!
>
> I can report that Let's Encrypt is very easy to use. The cli tool
> certbot handles things very nicely, and the docs are easy to follow.
> This should not be hard to implement.

I'm using Let's Encrypt on https://rangerovers.pub and it's been pretty
hassle-free.  I had minor issues at the start because some people were
visiting from the old domain name, but nothing insurmountable.

If you have anything where you accept user input on your website (the
obvious case being a username and password, but even a search box) then
you should absolutely be using HTTPS, right now.

--
Gordonjcp