[LAD] DSP transients

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Sep 3 14:02:01 UTC 2017

On Sun, 3 Sep 2017 13:35:47 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 03, 2017 at 08:50:08AM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of software that can log these without significantly adding to
>> the load itself?
>
>What do you call a transient in this context ???
>

>Ciao,

I'm particularly wanting it investigate the behaviour at note-on. If possible,
the absolute peak relative to the background working level. Also the 'shape'.
Is it a flat topped lump, or a narrow spike over a few samples rapidly fading
down.

I'm hoping that if I can see and (hopefully) understand exactly what is
happening it will help me work out how to mitigate it, and indeed if changes
are really improving the situation. Currently my only form of test is to run at
the edge of getting Xruns - very many times :(

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.