[LAD] Drift compensation document

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:51:29 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:28 PM, benravin <ben.alex at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I feel its better to add these support as well in JACK framework, like
> sending control signals, notifications etc, rather than user has to
> implement these.

Hi Ben,

Please be aware of "top posting" - it is good manners to reply under a
message, so the context of the reply is maintained.

library or framework to do async messaging etc might be useful to some JACK
users, it will certainly not benefit everybody. As such, it should be a
separate project, and not demand that existing JACK users also have to deal
with this extra complexity/functionality.

Some googling will likely lead you to multiple frameworks or libraries that
provide lock-free programming constructs like queues, FIFOs, locks etc.
There's even a few old threads on this mailing-list[1] about it :)

Regards, -Harry

[1] http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2011/11/0150.html

http://www.openavproductions.com