[LAD] Jitter analysis

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Sep 17 17:09:51 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 10:17:04PM -0700, benravin wrote:

> I'm facing a timing jitter which happens periodically due to some interrupt,
> which is causing the task to be delayed. Since this happens periodically, it
> is indeed a slow varying timing jitter, for example every 400ms, the timing
> deviation is in the order of few ms ( 4-6ms). This is not getting filtered
> out by DLL, and results in a slow varying oscillations which never dies.
>
> Any way to identify and limit these timing jitters and not to take any
> action on drift correction by DLL ?

It's impossible to say anything about this if you don't provide
numbers. How big is the resulting resampling ratio variation ?

If a few ms jitter leads to anything perceptible then your DLL
and/or resampling control loop are not dimensioned correctly,
or there is another basic problem with your design.

Ciao,

--
FA