[LAD] jackd not using jackdrc...

Fokke de Jong fokkedejong at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:45:13 CEST 2018

ok did get a little bit further:

i’ve changed my jackdrc to:

/usr/bin/jackd --realtime -p1024 -dalsa -r48000 -p64 -n2 -D -Chw:MADIFXtest -Phw:MADIFXtest

previously I also had a commented out line there, don’t know if it made a difference, but anyway.
Now jackd seems to start with the right config, but i’m getting an error:

connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-0/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
jackd 0.125.0rc1
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

no message buffer overruns
apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:MADIFXtest|hw:MADIFXtest|64|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 64 frames (1.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit float little-endian
ALSA: use 128 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit float little-endian
ALSA: use 128 periods for playback

and then :

**starting device...jack main caught signal 12

looks like its trying to read shared memory but it can’t for some reason?
Any knows why this could happen?

cheers,
Fokke