[LAD] jackd not using jackdrc...

Fokke de Jong fokkedejong at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:49:15 CEST 2018

Hi Joel,

I’m afraid I’m still not entirely sure what made it work in the end, which does kind of worry me in case i run into this again.
To recap: my system is ubuntu 17.10 minimal, clean install.
the only extra packages I installed are sshd, alsa, and jackd1. (if i remember correcly, not sitting behind my linix machine right now).

And a realtime kernel 4.13.x I believe. Not much more.
The last problem i had was this error:

connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-0/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)

google told me someone with the same problem solved it by installing either libjack-jackd2-dev or libjack-dev.
in installed libjack-dev, but it didn’t help so i removed it again.

A few reboots later i did not get the error anymore.
So i’m still kind of puzzled why it is working now, or even why i got the error in the first place..

cheers,
Fokke