[LAD] Jackd & Real Time Kernel

Benny Alexandar ben.alex at outlook.com
Sat Jan 13 14:58:28 UTC 2018

Hi Len,

I'm using  jackdmp 1.9.12.  I checked the file /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf, and is
named as audio.conf.disabled. How to enable this ?

When I run my jack client standalone program, I could see the prints as follows,

------------------
jackdmp 1.9.12

JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
Cannot lock down 82280346 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/10)(1: Operation not permitted)
AcquireSelfRealTime error
Cannot lock down 82280346 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
JACK server started
Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error

-ben