[LAD] ( Custom Arch Linux or Custom Ubuntu Studio ) for ( Proffesional Audio & Game Audio Development )

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sun Jul 1 18:53:51 CEST 2018

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 18:28 +0200, Juan BioSound wrote:
> [ 1 ] I want build a custom live linux system in USB or CD...for audio
> production for audio designers and enginners and for evangelist linux as I
> can.

the first thing i would say to anyone with such an idea is that there are
already in existence many operating systems that fit that description - it is
not even reasonable to propose yet another before first trying out each and
every existing example one can find; and only after then deciding if there is
some unique reason why not to simply help your favorite one to improve

maintaining an operating system is a big job - most niche systems free software
are under-staffed as it is and would benefit from the extra help - it is of no
benefit to the community to simply make a new distro all by oneself "just
'cause" with no justification of the sort: "i have asked the existing distros,
but they all have rejected my help" or "these unique ideas i have in mind are
simply not possible on any existing distro" - i do quite doubt that either of
those would be true

i could give you a number of recommendations - kxstudio and dynebolic are among
my favorites