[LAD] USB audio on RPi3B+

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jul 7 17:47:41 CEST 2018

Hello all,

Has anyone tried using multichannel USB audio on a Raspberry 3B+ ?

It seems to work perfectly (using zita-alsa-pcmi) with stereo cards.

When I try my RME Babyface (12 in, 12 out) in CC mode, the device
opens without problems, but then Alsa_pcmi::pcm_wait() times out
waiting for the poll fd to become ready. Timeout in pcm_wait() is
1000 milliseconds.

The same seems to happen with Jackd, which uses similar code.

Is there anything in the Pi's system or configuration that
excludes multichannel cards ?

Ciao,

--
FA