[LAD] DrumGizmo 0.9.15 Release

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Wed Jul 25 10:41:52 CEST 2018

DrumGizmo 0.9.15 Released!

DrumGizmo is an open source, multichannel, multilayered, cross-platform
drum plugin and stand-alone application. It enables you to compose drums
in midi and mix them with a multichannel approach. It is comparable to
that of mixing a real drumkit that has been recorded with a multimic setup.

We didn't quite make the yearly LAC (Linux Audio Conference) schedule.
But fret not, now it is here! The new 0.9.15 release is primed and ready
for use.

Loads of new stuff in this release. Most prominent is the new timing
humanizer and the bleed control! The timing humanizer works in addition
to the velocity humanizer. Where the velocity humanizer adjusts the
velocity of incoming midi hits, the timing humanizer does the same thing
but instead moves them back and forth in time. This all helps to achieve
a less machine-sounding output. To help with the understanding of the
humanizing features, we've also added a “visualizer” which will mirror
the settings you choose for a better understanding. This is the first
iteration of the visualizer, so feedback is very welcome.

So what else? Oh yes, “bleed control”! And yep, it does exactly what you
expect. If you want a dry sounding kit, turn that slider aaaall the way
down. But if you want all of the ambience in there, turn it aaaall the
way up. Bleed is when a hit on any drum is also picked up by mics that
aren't the “primary” mic of that specific drum. For some genres bleed is
unwanted. For others, not so much. And now YOU are in control.

For the full list of changes, check the roadmap for 0.9.15 [2]

A note on the bleed control: Currently only the newly updated CrocellKit
v1.1 supports this [1]. We still need to update the rest of the kits
before it will work for those. So keep an eye out for that.

And that is all. Please enjoy this release! Get it here [3]

[1]: https://drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=kits:crocellkit
[2]:
https://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=roadmap:features_roadmap#version_0915
[3]: http://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=getting_drumgizmo