[LAD] Github DCMA takedown notice - VeSTige header

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Jun 5 15:26:55 CEST 2018

On 06/05/2018 12:43 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 06/05/2018 09:45 AM, Filipe Coelho wrote:
>> On 05.06.2018 01:18, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> Hi LADs,
>>>
>>> I was contacted earlier today by GitHub with a DCMA request from
>>> Steinberg.net to remove the aeffectx.h from VeSTige. [1]

well, you all know that it was coming, just not when :)

as far I'm concerned: I have no single doubt the vestige will get killed
on sight (from qtractor tree) as soon a notice is received...

fwiw. i never agreed with the vestige stance and just indulged on some
qtractor user's requests because otherwise they are the ones to become
licensees of the required (original) VST2SDK and build qtractor on their
own...

that's it.
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org

ps. nevertheless, i'll stand with what has been written on README.VST
almost one decade ago, when native VST support was a new thing to JUCE
in general and qtractor in particular; and what a PITA the JUCE was at
the time, let alone the VST licensing, whatever ;)