[LAD] Capturing MIDI from Windows program running under Wine?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Thu Jun 14 17:35:59 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I have a proprietary Windows application (tc electronic TonePrint
editor) running under Wine, which talks to a class-compliant* USB MIDI
device (Flashback delay pedal).

I'd like to monitor, what MIDI data the application is sending to the
device. How can I do that, short of capturing and decoding the USB
communication with wireshark?

* At least I think it is. It shows up with "amidi -l", and I can connect
with aseqdump to the port, although the _device_ itself doesn't seem to
output any MIDI when I turn the knobs.

Cheers, Chris