[LAD] Polyphonic normal guitar to midi: Jam Origins' MIDI-Guitar

Greg linux-audio-dev at sweet.com
Tue Jun 26 23:50:13 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 04:25:27PM -0400, Tim wrote:
>"The  method  consists  of  a computational model of the
> human auditory periphery, followed by a periodicity analysis
> mechanism where fundamental frequencies are iteratively
> detected and canceled from the mixture signal."

Neat. Sounds like the Progressive Interference Cancellation my team patented
for CDMA years ago. Hear a signal, reconstruct it based on what you think you
heard, subtract the synthesized signal from the input, drop the noise floor.
Lather, rinse, repeat. (We got ~3x channel capacity from it in a CDMA context...)

Of course, it's a bit easier to reconstruct a CDMA signal than an analog
guitar signal, but we'll get there some day. I can't wait! ;)

-g