[LAD] Current state of GPL Juce?

Jean Pierre Cimalando jp-dev at inbox.ru
Mon May 28 21:09:09 CEST 2018

Hello.

Recently, I have taken the task of updating and maintaining the old
audio plugin HybridReverb2 which is programmed with the Juce framework.

A LinuxMAO community member has pointed to me some info about recent
Juce, more specifically about its change of license. Is Juce still
compatible with libre software development like it used to be?

There is rumor about Juce becoming proprietary, which emanates from
some developers in a Carla thread.
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=17814#p87547
I don't see an element to truly substantiate this claim. Does anyone
know better about the whole Juce situation?

Thanks. -JPC