[LAD] OSC

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Tue Sep 11 16:20:54 CEST 2018

On Tue, September 11, 2018 10:34, David Runge wrote:
> On 2018-09-10 19:32:52 (-0400), Mark D. McCurry wrote:
>
>> On 09-09, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>>
>>> I'd definitely be interested in helping OSC staying relevant.
>>>

>> I don't have much time to contribute at this point, though it would be
>> great to know that some effort is being put into at least maintaining the
>> existing information on the standard as well as what implementation are
>> available for applications to use.
> I guess a good first starting point is to contact the former maintainers
> and get them involved (and to notify them about the website status - maybe
> it needs a new home?).
>
> Guess it would also be nice to find out what the motivations behind
> abandoning 1.1 were.

Hey, i have collected a few OSC related documents in this repository some
time ago: https://github.com/7890/osc_spec

I've rewritten the spec to be rendered with asciidoc. I've started to try
to describe the byte syntax as EBNF. I've created an OpenSoundControl
organization. I've not consequently worked more on it, it's not complete
etc.

Just in case.. should i put you both to the org?

Greetings
Thomas