[LAD] 'A' note Tuning Range

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Apr 9 22:56:01 CEST 2019

Apr 9 2019, Will Godfrey has written:
> What have other synth people here set for this? Does anyone else actually have
> the setting?
Not that I write a synth, as well you know. :) In some synths I've seen
it fixed to certain values, related to old tunings. +/- 1/2 octave seems
generous. I've mostly seen that used in relation to orchestral
instruments and - of course - organs.

In practise, the lowest value for A I know of is 392, but I think
someone mentioned that there is even a slightly lower value than that
going to (almost) f. Upwards, I only know of 441/442Hz as "American
concert pitch".

Not being a guru of any description, permit for a slightly wider range.
:)

Aside: that might be a lovely combination, a concert for harpsichord,
ceelo and Yoshimi.

Best wishes,

jeanny

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c