[LAD] Custom JACK MIDI port names for osc2midi ?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Jan 9 13:44:27 CET 2019

Am 07.01.19 um 14:07 schrieb Jonathan Brickman:
> Christopher, would you mind giving a command-line example or two?

Setting a property:

jack_property --port system:midi_playback_3 -s prettyname "MIDAS MR18
MIDI Out"

(Gives an error, but seems to work)

Getting it:

jack_property -l --port system:midi_playback_3 prettyname

BUT: I don't think that using properties is the right approach. Instead
you could look if the MIDI ports opened by osc2midi have port name
aliases set:

jack_lsp -A

You can use my tool "jack-matchmaker" to automatically conenct JACK
ports based on port names/aliases:

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-matchmaker

Chris