[LAD] Faster boot on Raspberry Pi 4

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Nov 5 23:12:41 CET 2019

I'm using rasbian-buster-lite and once up and running the performance is
seriously impressive. However it's dog-slow to start up. The last message I
see before the greatest delay (about 30 seconds) is:

Raspberry Pi service to switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed) during boot up.

I suspect the *actual* delay is connected with networking, but with systemD I'm
totally lost as to where everything is, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

On the Pi 3 I'm able to get a devuan image, and that's a doddle to sort out,
but there isn't an image for the Pi 4 :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk