[LAD] jackdbus log controls?

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Mon Nov 25 09:36:02 CET 2019

On 2019-11-24 15:51:04 (-0700), Ethan Funk wrote:
> How do I get control over jackdbus logging?  I currently have an
> gigantic log file it is creating at ~/.log/jack/jackdbus.log from my
> testing.

You can look into logrotate [1] to auto-cleanup and rotate the log
(check `man 5 logrotate.conf` and `man 8 logrotate`). You can run this
on a systemd timer or cron job.

> It's huge because my application make extensive use of jacks inter-
> process audio routing as a radio station automation system.  My
> application is endlessly forking new audio player processes that
> connect back to a core mixer via jack, play when needed, then
> disconnect when finished.  So the above log file is crammed full of
> jack port connect and disconnect notices.  How do I make it stop?

I'm uncertain (because I run jackd in a systemd user unit [2] and
haven't used jackdbus in a long time), but there is a ticket around the
logging facilities [3].

Best,
David

[1] https://github.com/logrotate/logrotate