[LAD] [LAA] Guitarix2 release version 0.42.0

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Dec 20 08:13:16 CET 2020

I'm pleased to announce the release of guitarix2-0.42.0

A virtual guitar amplifier for Linux running with jack (Jack Audio
Connection Kit) released under the
GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

ZamAudio <https://github.com/zamaudio> meets Guitarix

https://github.com/zamaudio

For this release Damien Zammit from ZamAudio has reworked our tube
emulation.
This improved beside the overall sound, the dynamic responses of the
different tube simulations.
Be aware please, that this may break your existing presets, but,
we believe that the improvement in sound is it worse
to force you to readjust your presets to match the new tube sims.

Further news are:
Reworked French translation by Olivier Humbert
Add DC-Blocker on the Input
Add Output Limiter
Add Volume controls for the Power Amp plugin
Fix version checks for needed packages
Fix several small Bugs and hopefully don't introduce to much new ones

Last release:

https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix/releases/tag/V0.42.0

Project Page on github:

https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix