[LAD] [RFT] ALSA control service programs for Fireworks board module

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jul 23 06:40:01 CEST 2020

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:

> This is request-for-test (RFT) to the ALSA control service programs for
> devices with Fireworks board module. The program is available in
> 'topic/service-for-efw' of below repository, and the RFT is corresponding
> to Pull Request #2:
> If you have listed devices and handle them by ALSA fireworks driver, please
> test the service program according to the below instruction.
>
>  * Mackie (Loud) Onyx 1200F
>  * Mackie (Loud) Onyx 400F
>  * Echo Audio Audiofire 12 (till Jul 2009)
>  * Echo Audio Audiofire 8 (till Jul 2009)
>  * Echo Audio Audiofire 12 (since Jul 2009)

Audiofire12 (seems to have 4.8 firmware butbought used with no info)

> The project is written by Rust programming language[5] and packaged by
> cargo[6]. To build, just run below commands in the environment to connect
> to internet:
>
> ```
> $ git clone https://github.com/alsa-project/snd-firewire-ctl-services.git -b topic/service-for-efw
> $ cd snd-firewire-ctl-services
> $ cargo build
> ```

> $ cargo run --bin snd-fireworks-ctl-service 2

This worked great the first time, but after the next boot alsamixer showed
a subset of the same controls (rather than no controls found) and I could
not restart snd-fireworks-ctl-service. Is it expected that once the above
command has been run once there are after effects? Is there a proper way
to install it so it runs from boot? Or is that already happening but
perhaps happening too soon before everything is settled?

I understand this is just a test for something that will become more
permanent in the future. So I don't know what I should expect.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net