[LAD] [RFT] ALSA control service programs for Fireworks board module

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jul 23 20:56:35 CEST 2020

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:

>>> $ cargo run --bin snd-fireworks-ctl-service 2
>>
>> This worked great the first time, but after the next boot alsamixer showed a
>> subset of the same controls (rather than no controls found) and I could not
>> restart snd-fireworks-ctl-service. Is it expected that once the above
>
> I think that some users install system service for alsactl(1)[1]. In this
> case, the system services add control element sets from cache file after
> reboot. For the case the service program has a care to run with the element

That sounds like what I am seeing. Perhaps alsa-restore.service. I will
try with that disabled. Yes that is the difference, it works as expected.
I would guess this module would be added to alsa before
alsa-restore.service after release. Restore would then be able to fix my
clock settings.

I have added comments to issues that are closed to indicate what I have
tested. The closed issues do seem to be fixed.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net