[LAD] Kickmess 0.2.1 - First official release

Weird Constructor weirdconstructor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:42:34 CET 2021

Hi!

I finally released my first (VST) plugin synthesizer.
Kickmess is a kick drum synthesizer. It is a port of the easy to use and
good sounding Kicker plugin from LMMS to a reusable audio plugin
format on Linux (VST currently). The DSP code has been ported and
also changed, that means an accurate reimplementation of Kicker is out
of scope.

Features:
* Sine oscillator
* Noise oscillator
* Pitch and amplitude envelopes with configurable exponential slope
* Pitch from MIDI note
* Simple Distortion effect

You find the Rust sources and binaries for Linux and Windows on
GitHub:

* Project website: https://github.com/WeirdConstructor/Kickmess
* Release: https://github.com/WeirdConstructor/Kickmess/releases/tag/v0.2.1

More features and changes might be added and before Version 1.0
is released. I can't guarantee that your presets will sound the same.
After Version 1.0 significant changes will come with a change in the
major version number.

It's not just a port from LMMS to VST, but also a port from C++ to Rust.
Writing DSP code in Rust is really nice and straightforward.
Most work was developing the GUI, as it required lots of experimentation,
testing and debugging in the graphics and window libraries.
But Rust is finally there and the boring plumbing and GUI work on this
plugin is finished.

Greetings and have a nice day!
Weird Constructor