[LAD] Is Piperware a successor to Jack/Pulseaudio?

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 18:35:48 CEST 2021

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:48:31 -0700 Yuri wrote:
[...]
> Does anybody have experience using it?
>
> https://pipewire.org/

Yes. I've used it for a whole day now, on Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa base
(Ubuntu 20.04 focal). Everything seems to just work. The only thing
I had to set was the Profile for the CM106 Like sound device I use,
in PaVuCtl to Digital Stereo Duplex (IEC958).

One small problem for me is that jack_transport locate doesn't work,
but I expect it will soon. May be related to Jackdbus support which
is "very tedious to implement" Wim Taymans said.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/819

--
John.
More diplodocus than diplomatic.