[LAD] Is Piperware a successor to Jack/Pulseaudio?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Jul 5 03:25:09 CEST 2021

On 7/4/21 6:35 PM, John Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:48:31 -0700 Yuri wrote:
> [...]
>> Does anybody have experience using it?
>>
>> https://pipewire.org/
>
> Yes. I've used it for a whole day now, on Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa base
> (Ubuntu 20.04 focal). Everything seems to just work.

Yes, the project is making huge progress. Also thanks to the many early
adopters filing helpful issue reports. Wim and his team address them at
incredible speed.

If you use it, be prepared to live on the bleeding edge, e.g. until last
week pipewire didn't set realtime permissions correctly, and the week
before had a crashing bug with Ardour querying ports when 3rd party apps
are involved. Fixed now.

So update early, update often

--
robin