[LAD] Is Piperware a successor to Jack/Pulseaudio?

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:50:29 CEST 2021

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 at 14:05, Filipe Coelho <falktx at falktx.com> wrote:

> On 07/07/21 12:37, Robin Gareus wrote:
> > On 7/7/21 1:00 PM, Wim Taymans wrote:
> >> This utterly fails with jackd on this system, it doesn't even want
> >> to start all the clients, I'm sure it's something with the config somewhere...
> > jack has a port-limit (IIRC 256 by default). It is not dynamic and
> > unbound for performance reasons.

I got the same script working on JACK2 (minus the youtube video), I
needed to increase mlock limits. JackLinuxFutex
uses MAP_LOCKED, which can fail when there is too much locked already.

JACK2 takes about the same amount of time to create the clients and
set up the links and uses about the same
amount of DSP (-+25%) as PipeWire.

Wim