[LAD] Is Piperware a successor to Jack/Pulseaudio?

Wed Jul 7 19:42:50 CEST 2021

On 7/7/21 9:59 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 7/7/21 4:00 AM, Wim Taymans wrote:
> == install patched rtkit in which priorities and cpu usage limits have
> been changed to more audio dsp friendly values
>
> < NOTE: max realtime priorities in rtkit are hardwired (in the source
> code!!) and cannot be changed, same for scheduling ring (also hardwired
> in the source code to SCHED_RR, does not allow use of SCHED_FIFO), so
> for testing I built a patched rtkit package >

BZZT!
WRONG!!

rtkit can be "configured" by using runtime parameters when started.
Sigh, I did not realize that was possible, I should have dived deeper
and/or RTFR (the README, no man page).

Better than nothing but IMHO not a realistic configuration strategy (in
my case it would involve editing the systemd unit that starts the service).

-- Fernando