[LAD] Is Piperware a successor to Jack/Pulseaudio?

Filipe Coelho falktx at falktx.com
Wed Jul 7 23:43:00 CEST 2021

On 07/07/21 22:37, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 09:58:52PM +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:
>
>> You keep mentioning up that patch, but it only worked for you, it didn't for
>> anyone else.
> It was used for years on the WFS system in Parma, until I switched to
> Jack2 in order to have parallel execution, as well as in the production
> studio of La Casa della Musica, on various systems operated by the
> univerities of Parma, Bologna, and Pesaro, by the RAI (Italian public
> radio & TV) and three private Linux-based music studios. None of those
> reported any problems.
>
> So stop spreading plain lies.

I don't think it is a lie when nobody else reported it to work.

Maybe your changes were in a copy that got reused?
I am not doubting that it worked for you. Of course it did.

But the patch, when applied, didn't work as for other as it did for you.
Maybe something went wrong with the diff procedure.. I don't know now.