[LAD] Playing FLAC files from Python

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sun Jun 13 16:05:11 CEST 2021

What I'm trying to do: control the playing of flac files from Python, and
specifically be able to start playback at some arbitraty point in the file.

I'm writing a music player in Python. It's aims differ from the usual
music player as this being used to manage the music of an online radio
show.

The music source files are FLAC. Sometimes I need to be able to start
playing the file from, say, 5 seconds in (could be any time). I'm
currently using the Python bindings of vlc to manage the playing, but it's
very inexact when trying to start at a specific time spot.

Has anyone had success in playing flac files via Python, and been able to
start playback at some arbitrary point?
--
Great music, chat and even some wit.
Join me every Friday evening at 8pm for