[LAD] Jack Transport: What happens when it reaches the end?

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Wed Mar 24 05:56:50 CET 2021

On 3/23/21 5:05 AM, Filipe Coelho wrote:
> On 23/03/21 00:50, Tim E. Real wrote:
>> Hi list. Been curious about this question for some time but have not
>> had time to rig a test for it.
>>

>> If Jack Transport is rolling, at a frame near the end of its 32-bit
>> unsigned limit,
>>
>>  what happens when it reaches the end?
>>

>> Does it roll over and continue from zero frame? Or does it stop?
>
> It overflows the 32bit unsigned integer, continuing from zero.

Thanks. That makes sense I suppose.

Better to say if someone wants to detect it and stop they can,

  than to say they must start it again when they really wanted it to
wrap around

  which might cause a glitch. In other words, out of the box it would
suit say,

  a day-or-two-long loop security recorder without glitching, I imagine.