[LAD] Cli sound file player requirements

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Mon May 10 01:20:31 CEST 2021

On Sun, 9 May 2021 19:07:37 +0100 Filipe Coelho wrote:

> On 09/05/21 14:55, John Murphy wrote:
> > I need a command line sound file player which I can somehow control,
> > while playing, to go immediately to a new position in the same file
> > and keep playing without missing a beat. And a way to pause/continue.
>
> If you have JACK running and carla installed (or any host that supports
> lv2) you can use its audiofile plugin.
> Simply run:
>
> $ /usr/lib/carla/carla-bridge-native internal "~/Music/nyan.wav" audiofile
>
> Edit the filename of the music file as needed. You can also use the
> midifile plugin to load MIDI files.
>
> Play on/off and seek is controlled with jack transport, so you can use
> jack_transport CLI tool.

That looks easy to try and it runs OK without much complaint:

$ /usr/lib/carla/carla-bridge-native internal "~/Wed-tune.wav" audiofile
libjack.so.0 loaded successfully!
Previous plugin state in '/home/john/Audio File.carxs' is non-existent,
will start from default state

But no sound. It shows up as a Readable Client with the right name,
which I connect to playback_1 and _2 (and ebumeter), but nothing
(with Jack transport running).

--
Thanks again, John.