[LAD] Converting single-cycle wave to harmonic spectrum

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon May 10 12:20:56 CEST 2021

Hey hey,
I'm trying to convert a single cycle wave to a harmonic spectrum. I know that
in theory this is a job for standard FFT. I wondered if there isn't a
"simpler" way given a few assumptions about the input.

The input waveform is exactly one single cycle
The waveform has only harmonic overtones.
That means that only integral multiples of the base frequency need to be
considered and the specific Nyquist frequency is determined by the number of
samples (I think).

I treid searching, but it appears that I don't have the right keyword to hand,
getting only very general results bordering on the off-topic. :)

Can anyone help? A good keyword, name of an algorithm or a general name for
this specific task would be helpful enough, I suppose.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

She's so lucky,
she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart... <3
(Britney Spears)