[LAD] Cli sound file player requirements

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Mon May 10 19:36:02 CEST 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021 17:04:41 +0100 Filipe Coelho wrote:

> On 10/05/21 16:42, John Murphy wrote:
> > I'm convinced Jack transport, using 'carla-bridge-native' and
> > controlled by jack_transport CLI tool, is the easiest way to go.
> > I'll use Qprocesses initially and work on using the API later.
>
> If you are going to write some code for it, maybe best to control the
> whole thing with the JACK API.
>
> Or maybe even better, calling into carla API.
> I did a quick test for this just now, this snippet is all you need.

[snippet snipped]

> API Documentation at
> https://kx.studio/ns/dev-docs/CarlaBackend/group__CarlaHostAPI.html

So few lines when you know how. Thank you so much for that. There was
one warning about a "Carla assertion failure":

 "strBuf != nullptr" in file ../../utils/CarlaUtils.hpp, line 370

A couple of arguments to it would make it perfect, if you have time.

Just file name and transport position would do.

--
Thanks again, John.