[LAD] Jack API c++ example/tutorial?

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Fri May 14 19:21:02 CEST 2021

Old dog here; trying to learn a new trick.

I've found QProcess in Qt5 very useful and Qt Creator helps by
immediately complaining about my mistakes. I found a line in
QJackCtl like '#include <jack/jack.h>' and was surprised there
were no complaints when I pasted it in.

'locate jack.h' found these two, amongst many others, in a
familiar folder and it all begins to make sense:

/usr/include/jack/jack.h
/usr/include/jack/weakjack.h

I've used 'jack_transport' via QProcess successfully, but
I feel like there's a giant leap in my understanding ahead
and a simple basic example, or tutorial, would help.

--
Long time ago I 'typed in' a whole 1kB on a hexadecimal keypad
and got to play space invaders on my Tangerine Microtan 65 :)