[LAD] jack_showtime out to QProcess

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Sun May 23 13:03:05 CEST 2021

Jack_showtime man page doesn't mention any options available and
the problem I have is the frequency of the lines it outputs.

Over 12,000 lines per second according to a little Perl script.
($ jack_showtime | perl -w line-counter.pl)

I can get to see relevant lines in my program, but it seems
to need all of this (j_s is the jack_showtime QProcess):

    j_s->readAll();                     // otherwise old news
    waitAbit(20);                      //  otherwise blank line
    QString dirout = j_s->readLine(); //           "
    dirout = j_s->readLine();        //  A recent relevant line
    ui->statusbar->showMessage(dirout, 0); // show it.

Has to be a better way. A jack_showtime option to limit its
verbosity to n lines per second, would be the nicest, if anyone
is around that way, but for now; maybe a script could tame it?

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Thanks again, John.