[LAD] jack_showtime out to QProcess

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Fri May 28 20:04:16 CEST 2021

On Fri, 28 May 2021 14:58:46 +0200 Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 23.05.21 um 13:03 schrieb John Murphy:
> > Jack_showtime man page doesn't mention any options available and
> > the problem I have is the frequency of the lines it outputs.
> > Has to be a better way.
>
> All that jack_showwtime does is that itt calls jack_transport_query()
> and formats the returned struct:
>
> https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/blob/develop/example-clients/showtime.c#L36
>
> If you are writing C, why not use the JACK API directly?
>
> https://jackaudio.org/api/group__TransportControl.html#ga5f08eb71a5ee5431a3d756af5729d5aa

Thanks for the thoughts and links Chris, but I struggle to write C++
and that's with the great help of Qt Creator. Moving around a large
music file with jack_transport is so much better than what I had
before and showtime is tamed a bit with the solution I was given on
Stack Overflow.

But, looking at showtime.c I wonder if I could modify it to print just
the first value on the line and then sleep for a while. Would it build
somewhere under ~/ and work?

--
Thanks again, John.