[LAD] Problems with Linuxsampler as VST and LV2

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Tue Nov 30 19:42:37 CET 2021

On 11/30/21 5:57 AM, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> On Mon, 2021-11-29 at 21:25 -0500, Tim wrote:
>> If I understand the question and unless something changed recently,
>>
>>    the Linuxsampler plugin GUIs have no controls inside them. They are
>> blank.
>>
>> You must actually use something like QSampler to control
>> Linuxsampler.
> You are 100% correct. It was such a long time since I tried that I had
> completely forgotten that, and getting an empty window just made me
> confused.
>
> *facepalm*
>
> Sorry for the noise...
>
> Hmm, there's no way to save a VST or LV2 preset with the sampler
> session, right?
>
> Cheers
>
> 	/Daniel

 From what I recall of my extensive tests with LS and MusE, a good host

  will save and remember everything about the particular instance of the

  LS LV2 or VST plugin, and QSampler will remember everything about

  the particular session if you saved it in QSampler.

I seem to recall the steps to reload a complete session were: reload a song

  in the host, then reload the saved session in QSampler.

I do recall that everything worked OK once that was done.

A good session manager like NSM might help do all of this automatically,

  but MusE currently doesn't support NSM so I cannot verify this.

I have always wondered if someone could take QSampler and put it into the

  actual LS LV2 or VST plugin GUIs. That would be much more convenient

  than having to run QSampler separately.

But I seem to recall having thought about it and realizing the task might be

  very difficult if not impossible since it is a server/client kind of
thing,

  and just one instance of QSampler is a kind of central 'hub' for all
of your sessions,

  maybe that's why no one has done it, yet.

Tim.