[LAD] Programming LV2 plugin from scratch tutorial video series

hollundertee at gmx.net hollundertee at gmx.net
Sat Oct 23 11:22:46 CEST 2021

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 11:38:57 +0200
Sven Jaehnichen <sjaehn at jahnichen.de> wrote:

> Am 19.10.21 um 00:13 schrieb Robin Gareus:
>
>  [...]
>
> This would be an interesting option :-). Although turtle has got a
> very intuitive syntax (once you know it), it might be a bit
> discouraging for newbies as it looks different than other data
> interchange formats like JSON or XML. Thus , the more familiar
> looking JSON-LD may help to overcome this obstacle.
>
> Best wishes
> Sven

Hey Sven,

thanks once more for your tutorial.
I followed it along so far, cleaned up the warnings lv2 reported and
made a stereo version of the plugin this morning.
The turtle stuff was the hardest bit.
Thankfully lv2lint reports what is wrong, if not how to fix it. For
that I had to search for the corresponding definitions or look at other
plugins. Ultimately it was a bunch of copy/pasting.
I do not think that would have been any different with a different
metadata language.

This was the easy part, now I am curious how you are going to attempt
to teach simple folk like me the art of DSP programming. :]

Best regards,
Philipp