[LAD] mididings Python woes; workaround or fix?

Patric Schmitz bzk0711 at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 08:28:06 CET 2022

Hi again,

On 2/1/22 11:07, Patric Schmitz wrote:
>> I was using its Python3 AUR adaptation (mididings-git) under Manjaro,
>> but then after package upgrades, it began to fail at 'from mididings
>> import *' (see below).
>
> The problem is that mididings in no longer compatible with the latest
> Python version (3.10) that you are using. Looking at the GitHub
> repository, the source has not received any update since 2015.

After figuring out that I didn't read your initial post carefully enough
I applied the patches to the mididings repo myself and created a fork:
> https://github.com/drlight-code/mididings

The application starts here now on Archlinux with Python 3.10. I can't
test more than that as of now, unfortunately. If you encounter further
errors please feel free to provide me with a patch file and steps to
reproduce, then I'd gladly give a try to fix them here.

Sorry for not being more attentive to begin with, I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I do not plan to maintain this in any way, but maybe I can
help getting the version to run with the current Python and potentially
someone else can integrate the changes into their fork or something.

Best,
Patric