[LAD] Replacement for KbdCtl.bell

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Fri Feb 4 11:25:30 CET 2022

Dear Joel,

Am 04.02.22 um 11:02 schrieb Joel Roth:
[...]

>> There I was using the  KbdCtl.bell_* to generate tones with a given frequency and duration:
>>
>>          // switch to new state
>>          KbdCtl.bell_percent = 100;
>>          KbdCtl.bell_pitch = Frequency;
>>          KbdCtl.bell_duration = Duration;
>>          XChangeKeyboardControl(pDisplay, KBBellPercent | KBBellPitch | KBBellDuration, &KbdCtl);
>>

>> Is there still such a simple method available to generate a tone with a given duration and frequency.
>> Of course I could generate a corresponding array and send it to jackd, I'm just looking for something simple.
>
> 1200Hz for 10s
>
> ecasound -i:tone,sine,1200,10 -o:jack,system

thanks, yes this work nicely from the command line.
However, calling this from a small C-code looks not like a simple solution,at least one has to install ecasound,
on on quick search I couldn't find an API for it.

I also tried pysine, but I have difficulties to get it running.

To refine my question, I'm looking for a simple replacement usable within C.

Best regards,
Peter