[LAD] Potential GSoC projects

Roman Sommer lists at resonant-bytes.de
Thu Feb 17 23:58:24 CET 2022

Hi Chris,

Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de> writes:
> I have no GSoC mentorship to offer, sorry, but I would suggest asking
> the following projects directly:
>
> - Ardour
> - FAUST
> - Redhat (Pipewire)

Thanks for the suggestion!
I thought about approaching projects directly, but wanted to get this
mail out first to reach more people and projects quicker.
But I think you're right, I'll definitely do that.

>> Audio related things I've written include python bindings for the jack dbus interface, a jack application managing tool to start/stop/mute applications via hardware buttons
>
> I'd be interested in seeing those, any public repos?

Partially, yes.
Midiutil [0] is my sysex mapping project based on mididings.
The others are in various states of messy and undocumented, but I'll
see what I can do to put them into presentable shape in the next days.
I always meant to share them actually, but never found the time before.

Cheers, Roman

[0] https://github.com/romsom/midiutil