[LAD] MIDI granularity

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Jun 16 21:37:49 CEST 2022

Over a hardware DIN port this is of course approx. 1mS, but does anyone know
if it's the same over a USB link?

Presumably, it would have to be if the source was also sending to the DIN
route.

Following on from that, what about the multiport adaptors that have 4 hardware
ports going down one USB cable. I would guess that these could be interleaved
so that (assuming the 1mS granularity holds) the overall rate is still 1mS with
the ports spaced up to 250uS apart.

This is of course pure guesswork, so I'd be interested if anyone knows exactly
what the situation is.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/