[LAT] Hello / kernels

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Aug 7 13:04:38 EDT 2008

Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> El Martes, 5 de Agosto de 2008 12:11, Daniel James escribió:
>  | Hi Marcos,
>  | > We are now testing:
>  | >
>  | > linux-image-2.6.26-libre - Linux kernel binary image for version
>  | > 2.6.26-libre
>  | >
>  | > but it's not yet realtime patched.
>
> Now, it's realtime
>
> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/realtime/
>  | I'd be interested to know how you get on with that kernel.

I just tried linux-image-2.6.26-libre_2.6.26-libre-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
but could not boot it: it keeps waiting for the root device on the SATA
hard-disk.

I installed it with `dpkg -i .. && update-initramfs -k 2.6.26-libre -c
&& update-grub` - just like http://guests.goto10.org/~krgn/files/

The latter worked out of the box and I'll keep it running for a few
hours but if you have suggestions I can try to reproduce and fix it;
probably just a missing module.. for the 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA
IDE Controller (rev 02).

and a minor thing: I am missing SysRq-key support on the libre kernel.

2.6.26-rt-devel is the first kernel where I have an HDA soundcard
running without xruns for longer than 30 mins now; JACK on 2048 f/p * 3p
but even so; in 2.6.24 it lasts only a few seconds) I'm gonna add some
load and try USB after the first x-run..

Besides 2.6.26-rt1-krgn  I've been pulling from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clrkwllms/rt-linux.git
instead of using the -rt1 patch.

If you can agree on git, we can provide infrastructure at
linuxaudio.org. You are welcome to host your own repository; LAO can
mirror or put forward a combined request to kernel.org; which I think is
what the linux-audio-tuning list is all about.

It's hard to anticipate what you guys need. Maybe a wiki and a rsync for
 .config files is sufficient. but automated snapshot or build
environments are not out of scope.

cheers,
robin