[LAT] linux-image-2.6.26.1-rt-libre1 and linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Aug 11 14:03:13 EDT 2008

krgn wrote:
> 2008/8/10 Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica at gmail.com>
>> Hi, Hola,
>>
>> new kernels for testing purposes: (nuevos kernels para testeo)
>>
>> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/
>>
>> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1_2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
>>

>> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/realtime/
>>

>> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/realtime/linux-image-2.6.26.1-rt-libre1_2.6.26.1-rt-libre1-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
>>

>> (see the config* and readme files for more details)
>>
>> Cheers!
>

> hm this kernel hard-locked my machine after only a little while of
> using it with some more or less intense audio processing. what are
> other peoples experiences? I know this sounds terrible, but I am glad
> it does, as it means its not my machine/setup :-)
>
> cheers for putting this together though,
>
> karsten

Simiar here. 2.6.26.1-rt-libre1 worked fine for about 10 mins without
xrun (mplayer and jconv) but froze when opening email.

notes:
This kernel uses ide_generic instead of ata_piix. The HDD is amazingly
SLOW and shows up as /dev/hda instead of /dev/sda. - I'm sure that's
trivial to fix with boot-parameters.

Is there a remastered ISO for the 2.6.26 kernel?  I gave it a go with
`qemu -s -soundhw all -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.1-rt-libre1 -hda
/dev/null -cdrom .. -initrd .. -append ".."` - but I'd need a matching
initrd for Musix. It won't be realtime, but if it's also freezing one
may be able to get a trace with
`gdb [kernel.bin]`
(gdb) target remote localhost:1234

robin