[LAT] build ALSA debian way

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 7 07:03:28 EDT 2008

<  ------------ Původní zpráva ------------
<  Od: krgn <k.gebbert at gmail.com>
<  Předmět: Re: [LAT] build ALSA debian way
<  Datum: 07.10.2008 04:26:20
<  ----------------------------------------
<  On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at seznam.cz> wrote:
<
<  >
<  > <  ------------ Původní zpráva ------------
<  > <  Od: krgn <k.gebbert at gmail.com>
<  > <  Předmět: Re: [LAT] build ALSA debian way
<  > <  Datum: 07.10.2008 03:28:09
<  > <  ----------------------------------------
<  > <  On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at seznam.cz>
<  > wrote:
<  > <
<  > <  > Hi,
<  > <  >
<  > <  > I've compiled new kernel for me 2.6.24.7-rt20 which seems to have a
<  > bug in
<  > <  > builded alsa modules (RME Digiface,Multiface).
<  > <  >
<  > <
<  > <  yes that bit me too :)
<  > <
<  > <
<  > <  >
<  > <  > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/29391/match=2.6.24
<  > <  >
<  > <  > I would like to upgrade alsa modules from 1.0.15 wich coming with
<  > kernel
<  > <  > source to 1.0.17
<  > <  > I already builded new kernel without alsa modules and now I would like
<  > <  > build alsa from source.
<  > <  > I am using debian based distro so make a debian package would be best
<  > for
<  > <  > me.
<  > <  >
<  > <  > Is there any way how to do it?
<  > <  > I didn't found any new howto which I dare to follow.
<  > <  >
<  > <
<  > <  use module-assistant. you'll need the headers/sources for your kernel
<  > <  installed too.
<  > <
<  > <  aptitude install module-assistant build-essentials
<  > <
<  > <  then
<  > <
<  > <  module-assitant to build and install debs for alsa and co.
<  > <
<  > <  k
<  > <
<  > Thanks for answer,
<  > actually I have already installed these packages and  I've stopped on
<  > module-assitant.
<  > I was run:
<  > #cd /alsa-driver-1.0.17
<  > #m-a prepare alsa-driver-1.0.17
<  >
<  > It seems to run well.
<  >
<  > Now I am trying:
<  > # m-a build
<  > No package specified. STOP.
<  >
<  > I've tryed put some name for package:
<  > #m-a build alsa-modules
<  > alsa-modules, what is alsa-modules?
<  >
<  > Sorry for newbie like question, but reading man pages doesn't helps.
<  >
<
<  I think it should be:
<
<  m-a build alsa-source
<
<  if you have bash completion enabled it should show on typing the first
<  couple of letters and pressing Tab
<
<  cheers,
<
<  k
<

Thanks for help,
I've got some error messages on the end of process, which I've saw quite often in last days.
There is probably some bug. My errors are very similar to that in report.

cheers

mira