[LAT] 2.6.29-rt1

Sat Mar 28 14:11:45 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 14:17 +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> >> Can you upload your .config ? It might also be some missing ACPI option.
> >
> > Attached...
> >
> I just compiled a kernel with your .config and got a few surprises:
>  - 2.6.29-rt1-ccrma works just fine with "irqbalance"
>  - over here it shuts down and halts the system even without
>    "noreplace-smp" (intel core duo in a Thinkpad X60s)

Strange. Then it might be one of the additional Fedora patches that is
triggering a problem in rt (the Planet CCRMA rt kernel tries to be as
close as possible to a production Fedora kernel so it keeps mostly the
same configuration and patches - this one is based on an unreleased Koji
test build).

>  - using x86 generic compatibility dramatically increases the size
>    kernel+modules MCORE2: 21MB ; i686+x86-generic: 250MB !
>
> more later,

Thanks for the feedback!
-- Fernando