[LAT] presonus firebox and 2.6.31-9-rt gives tons of xruns

yvan volochine yvan.sc at googlemail.com
Tue May 18 10:45:11 UTC 2010

hello,
this is my first post here.

I'm using pure-dyne 9.11 (with kernel 2.6.31-9-rt) and a Presonus Firebox.
For some reasons, I cannot use this FW soundcard with jack as I have *a
lot* of xruns (1 every 2 or 3 seconds).
I asked for help on the puredyne mailing-list but it seems that nobody
knows where this problem comes from (it was working perfectly fine with
an older puredyne version which was debian-based).

I was told to install the package ffado-debus-server but it didn't help.

here are my jackd settings:
jackd -P 70 -R -P89 -p512 -dfreebob -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n3 -D

in my /etc/security/limits.conf:
@audio - rtprio 90
@audio - nice -15
@audio - memlock unlimited

I have another usb soundcard which does work fine with jack (and alsa
driver) but it has no inputs, etc, it's a pain not to be able anymore to
use the Firebox.

any help would be greatly appreciated !!

cheers,
_yvan